Shari was born in Madison, Indiana and currently lives in Columbus, Indiana with her husband and two children. Before attending college, Shari served in the United States Navy as a Cryptologic Technician. Shari has practiced family law for over 20 years, including divorces, paternity cases, guardianships, adoptions, custody, parenting time, and child support cases, grandparent visitation cases, interstate custody disputes, third-party custody cases, and de facto custodian cases.
Certifications & Services Offered
- Registered Domestic Relations Mediator
- Mediation and Facilitation
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Indiana Bar in 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 7th Circuit
- Southern District Court of Indiana
- Northern District Court of Indiana
- Indiana University School of Law — Bloomington, J.D., 1992
- University of Louisville, B.A., 1986
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Association
- Bartholomew County Bar Association
Director: Bartholomew County Public Defender, 1995; Bartholomew County Deputy Prosecutor, 1996-2001; Children’s Special Health Care Services in 2002-2003; Staff Counsel and Director, Contracting for the Indiana Department of Administration, 2003-2004; State of Indiana WIC Program, 2004–2005; Client Counseling Program for Legal Aid, District 11, 2005-2007; Former Assistant City Attorney, City of Columbus, Indiana 2008-2012; Juvenile Court Facilitator from 2012 to present. Former President, Dancer’s Studio. Former Adjunct Instructor, Civil Procedure and Litigation, Ivy Tech Community College. Former President, Board of Advocates for Children.